Friday, June 5, 2009

At about this time on June 5 1944 the Rangers from the Second Ranger Battalion, companies D, E and F under the command of Lt. Col. James Earle Rudder, where on a ship in rout to Pointe du Hok Germany. I can not even start to think about what they were thinking of. Knowing that they may not be coming home, maybe thinking of the walks that one of them may have taken with a loved one, or maybe there was a Ranger that was thinking he could not wait to get home so he could go on a date with the beautiful red head Molly, who he met at a going away party, who only lived two towns away from his. Or maybe there was a Ranger thinking that he could not wait to get over there and kick some fartfunugan ass. Regardless, I hope that they where thinking that the mission at hand would be monumental in regards to humane history. I hope they new that we as Americans would never forget their sacrifice. I'm sure that it was pretty gut wrenching knowing that if they did not succeed it taking Pointe du Hok, the rest of there brothers would suffer large casualties, If I would have ben able to say something to those men I would have told them That in less than 2 hours you men are going to fight the biggest fight of your life's, and I will always hold them as Hero's. My children will be told stories about the brave men who answered the call of duty, and without reservation, crossed great oceans, in order to bring down a Teireness faction that followed, as the 40 president of the United States Ronald Wilson Reagan said, concoring way's. I would tell them that I love them, and would, for the rest of my life see them as my American Rangers. And to never forget, that they are America, and because of them, we would always be free men and women. I would say thank you and God speed. Out of the 225 Rangers to hit the point. less than 100 made it. to all 225, I solute you and thank you! Sianara.... I will never forget........