Monday, May 18, 2009

I heard that we lost more servicemen to suicide after Vietnam than in the War itself. The politicians war, as they say. As I sit here, I know that if I don't lay down in the next 30 to 45 min, I'll be in pain. That's while I am on pain pill's. So Imagine one who cant get up at all. You can sleep for only so long , before you succumb to the grip of depression. People commit suicide every day in our country.. It's an issue that some communities have had to deal with because of the times we find ourselves in. The taking of one's life, usually involves mental illness. Those who ask if they are going crazy, from what I'm told, usually are not. It's only those individuals who do not question themselves that may be, and usually are mentally ill. With some exceptions to the rule. People who are going to commit suicide in most cases succeed. Those who need and reach out for help are usually what I call the survivors of suicide. The 1-800-don't -kill yourself numbers seem to be there for the folks who don't really want to die, but need help. Not wanting to hurt other people,thees guy's end up as the aggressor and the victim, all in one, to what I would say is a crime. I say that, only because of the wake of destruction it makes. So God forbid if one of your friends or family members tells you that they are going to kill themselves, and you run to there side and they're still alive. Make sure that you get them the help they need, because the next time they may not want to live, and actually follow through.. This week Is dedicated to my Brothers and sisters at arms who are waiting for us on the other side. To you I salute and present arms. God speed and may the wind be always at your back. Sianara....

No comments: