Monday, May 25, 2009

"There is one great thing you men will be able to say after this war is over and you are home once again. You may be thankfull that twenty years from now when your sitting by the fire place with your grandson on your knee and he asked you what you did in the great World War II, you WON'T have to cough, shift him to the other knee and say, Well your grandfather shoveled shit in Louisiana. No, sir, you can look him in the eye and say, son, your grandaddy rode with the great Third Army and that Son-of-a-Goddamned- Bitch named Georgie Patton!" General Georg S. Patton, Jr. June-5, 1944

Many of those men did not make it back to that place by the fire. We will keep your storey alive, we will remind those who in there self deprecating ways go about their lives not knowing the great men who gave there lives so that we can continue on as free men and women and in the pursuit of what ever it is that we may want to pursue. My father and uncle both served in Vietnam. I served during the cold war under hazardous conditions, but all three of us made it back to our family's, and our life's continued on. Today as every day should be, is to remember those who are not by the fire with use, but wait for us on the other side. I solute you and your family's with tears in my eyes, and I swear with God as my witness I will honer you for the rest of my time here on Earth. I love you, and I thank you for committing the ultimate sacrifice, for you great men and women are my Hero's. God speed. until we meet again. Sianara...